Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams "Robots Rule", Missing Wrigley and Just Keep Moving




Remain Calm Adopt a Dog
















 








Robin Williams: "Robots Rule"

I'm still getting over the shock yesterday of hearing that Robin Williams passed away. I naturally thought this was some cruel joke, but unfortunately it was not.

January of 2013, my wife and I had a chance to see Robin Williams live at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) thanks to 96 Rock and afterwards met him, got our photos taken with him and then got his autograph.

While the time I got to speak and interact with Robin seemed long, it was only a few seconds. He was very humble, quiet and appreciative of all the fans who stayed around after the show to meet him. There was around 100 of us waiting. We formed a conga line and each pair of us got to stand next to him for a quick photo and then back into the line we went.

















The next time around, Robin signed a photo and personalized it. When my wife and I got back up to him, I told him that one of my favorite movies was "Robots" and how I loved the message of  "See a need, fill a need" from the movie. He agreed with me, thanked me and then scribbled "Robots Rule" on my photo.

Quickly we were rushed out the door by security so the next couple could get their autographs.

"Wow!" I thought, "I just got to meet one of the greatest comedians of all time!"

Robin, wherever you are, you were a great man. Thank you for all the laughter and joy you brought to everyone (and will continue to do so)! Rest in Peace.



























**********************

Missing Wrigley

Yesterday was a tough day all around. My sister Jan and her family lost their Newfoundland, Wrigley.

Wrigley was such a gentle loving giant and just like Robin Williams, she brought a lot of love and joy to everyone's heart. I still remember spending an evening in a hotel room in Brookville, Ohio visiting with my sister and her family and they had brought Wrigley along with them on the trip. She was the elephant in the room! Loving, protective and one of the nicest dogs ever!

You will be missed Wrigley!









































*********************
Just Keep Moving

This is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel and one of the things I learned about sharks is that they need to keep moving to stay alive. With the sadness of losing Robin Williams and Wrigley yesterday, I try to remember this. I need to keep moving to stay alive.  So with this in mind, here are some new drawings and multiple jokes to keep your spirits up. Just keep moving!
























































****************

 Today’s Jokes:

What do you get when you cross a chili pepper, a shovel and a terrier?
A hot-diggity-dog!

What is black and white, black and white, black and white and green?
Three skunks fighting over a pickle!

What does a dentist call his x-rays?
Tooth Pics!


***************
Thanks for checking out my blog. If this was your first visit, please subscribe and check out my previous posts...but most importantly, Remain Calm Adopt a Dog.

Rick

apexgardner@gmail.com
http://apexgardner.deviantart.com/ 
@apexgardner (twitter)





















No comments:

Post a Comment